Monday, October 25, 2010

Pulsar


More gorgeous teals, this time of the blue variety and apparently named after something celestial. Creation is Messy has some of the most intense and saturated transparent glasses out there. Their transparent glass, Pulsar, is described on their website as "a transparent aqua blue". For me, I would have to add that it is has the richness of deep aqua that you see in the sky, high in the Rocky Mountains. It is a pure, dense teal blue with a beautiful clarity. I compared it to Effetre Dark and Light Aquamarine. As you can judge by the photo, Pulsar is similar in tone to the Effetre Aquas, but much deeper in shade. I actually do not see much of a difference between the light and dark versions of the Effetre Aquas- they look virtually interchangeable to me. The Pulsar stands out as a unique aqua shade. It is easy to work with in the flame. I experienced no pitting or color change. It plays well with silver. Love it!

"You must carry a chaos inside you to give birth to a dancing star."- Nietzsche

"The stars are the jewels of the night, and perchance surpass anything which day has to show."- Henry David Thoreau

No comments:

Post a Comment